Thursday 17 September 2015

Mr Kipling Salted Caramel Swirls


Delicious shortcake swirls filled with salted caramel flavour buttercream 

This evenings review comes to you courtesy of Mr.1 Treat.. Kind of. The furthest he gets with computers are YouTube videos and FIFA so the thoughts and opinions are his - I've just typed them up.

We found these in Morrisons in the bakery aisle, I can't remember the exact price but I think they were around £1.90. I thought they seemed overpriced for four but Mr.1T was suckered in by the fancy packaging. I couldn't work out why they were in with the cakes but the filling of each whirl is made with buttercream and caramel sauce so only has a shelf life of about a month - nothing long like biscuits. Even though the description just says a salted caramel flavour buttercream there is actually a separate caramel sauce too. 


The biscuit was very soft and buttery, both biscuits are the same just the top/bottom one has the milk chocolate coating which I preferred as if both were chocolate coated it would have been far too much.
The two different fillings were intersting, I could feel the difference between the cream and the sauce but the normal caramel flavour overpowered most of the salted caramel buttercream. There were parts that didn't have the sauce and just cream though and I could taste the salted caramel there. Either way the flavour is delicious. 
I soon understood why there are only four, they're very rich and sweet and are just bordering on maybe a bit too much. They're lovely but I could manage 2 in one go - at most (he didn't he only had one, lightweight)

7/10 




No comments:

Post a Comment