Monday 4 August 2014

Tesco Finest Goats Cheese And Caramelised Red Onion Flatbread

It’s been a week since I last wrote as the doctor has sent me to be tested for coeliacs so I’ve not been too sure what to eat!

I wouldn’t have picked this for myself as it’s part of the tesco finest low calorie range and that’s kind of defeating the object but the Mr bought two of them with a short shelf life and I can’t stand letting food go to waste.

 image
This is a flatbread with goats cheese, red onion and spinach from the finest range, it’s quite similar to the Marks and Spencer’s tostada. Marks and Spencer’s offering is cooked for around 20 minutes in the oven whereas the Tesco version is 9 minutes in a microwave, I didn’t have high hopes for the microwave version but I was very pleasantly surprised!
Before microwaving
                        Before microwaving
The flatbread (although to me I wouldn’t really call it a flatbread, as any I’ve had while abroad have been thick – sort of like a naan or pitta but this is more like wrap thickness, feel free to correct me!) crisped up nicely unlike the Marks and Spencer version which seemed to go soggy, and stayed that way giving a satisfying crunch.
All ready
                                      All ready
The goats cheese was lovely and crumbly and had strong flavor my only criticism being there wasn’t enough of it, and the red onion was delicious and went great with the cheese, the spinach was kind of overpowered by the rest which is a shame as I do like spinach. This is a really nice diet ready meal and if you’re looking for low calorie filling food I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment