Wednesday 3 June 2015

Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut Cream



Just a mini review on an older chocolate bar today, the imported Kit Kat Chunky hazelnut cream. I can't tell you too much about the bar although the front of the packet is in English the ingredients and description are in a variety of eastern European languages but I think the names pretty self explanatory.
First up the scent - it's not 'open the packet - smell immediately' strong but I could smell the hazelnuts through the chocolate shell before I snapped a section off. As with most Kit Kat Chunky bars it was sectioned into 3 little equal rectangles and to me didn't look any different from the milk chocolate version. I'm not too sure if I've tried a Bulgarian Kit Kat before but I didn't notice any difference in the standard and taste of the chocolate and wafers either. 



The hazelnut cream is in a layer on top of the wafers and is quite deceiving in my photo - it didn't seem I had that much in mine and looking online every other bar I've seen snapped looks to have more of the cream filling too so it seems I got a little short changed on my filling! The hazelnut flavour was apparent from first bite though so no worries, again it's not overpowering but does make a difference. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a cream flavour but if there was I didn't notice the taste so much as the texture. The chocolate seemed creamier and left a thicker, richer feel in my mouth. 
While I wouldn't necessarily say this is better than other flavours I've tried I did enjoy it and would happily buy again. 

Rating 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment