Wednesday 11 February 2015

Cadbury Creme Egg Pots of Joy

After all the fuss recently over the recipe change for Cadbury Creme Eggs the pots of joy version caught my eye and I thought I'd give it a try. 


It must've been squished in my fridge or tipped upside down but mine looked pretty sorry for itself. 


The unmistakable scent of pure sugar is evident as soon as you remove the foil lid and that can probably be explained by the first two ingredients - water and sugar solution (water, sugar). What do you expect with a Creme Egg themed product though, the fondant is the whole point. What makes this a little different to your ordinary Cadbury dessert/mousse though is that this isn't mousse as I expected but a fondant with melted milk chocolate. 


In my pot the whole bottom was the Creme part with a thick layer of the melted chocolate on top. It's a nice dessert, extremely sweet though so probably for the best this is only a small 70g tub, one was plenty enough for me in one go and I have a mega sweet tooth. I'll probably buy another pack before the limited run is up. 

Rating 7/10 





No comments:

Post a Comment