Monday 26 January 2015

New Cadbury Fingers Salted Caramel Crunch

Salted caramel seems to be a fashion in the food world at the moment and has been for a while now, Cadbury are actually pretty late on the bandwagon here with a Salted Caramel Crunch version of their fingers. 


There are actually two new versions out, the other is Salted Peanut but if you've  read my previous posts you'll know I'm not a peanut fan so I decided not to waste my money. Sadly if the salted caramel crunch is anything to go by it was a wise decision! 


The box weighs in at 93g, so one of the smaller offerings Cadbury has and you can see there aren't many fingers inside. It would be very easy to eat these all in one go. 



 I originally planned on putting the last two pictures up separately but there's no point really as these fingers look identical to the original milk chocolate fingers. Those are scratches in the chocolate by the way not visible salt crystals which I did expect! Taste wise is the same story, honestly I really couldn't taste the caramel! They are supposedly caramel flavoured biscuits but they were overpowered by the milk chocolate for me. I did get the faintest 'salty crunch' at the end of 2 of my fingers but that was it. My other half said he got some in the middle of his but it was in no way evenly distributed throughout the finger. Considering how small these biscuits are you really would think the flavours would be more noticable but to me these were no better (or worse, or different!) to the original Cadbury Fingers. Pretty disappointing. 

Rating 5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment