Sunday 24 August 2014

A few random reviews


Bassetts liquorice Allsorts



My local one stop finally started selling these in smaller bags, so I picked myself one up. It's been a while since I've had these and they tasted exactly as I remembered! My favourites are the crunchy ones and I was gutted to only get one in the packet. These make a lovely change to the usual sugar coated sweets that companies bring out now like the sours etc. They could do with a better variety in the bag mine was full of the square ones, but I guess that's a problem with any smaller bag.



Rating 6/10

Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread


I picked these up as they were cheaper than the plain/cheese/pepper varieties. To be honest they're as tasteless as the usual, I only buy them as I am the type of person who, come the evening when watching a film, has to be picking at something and there's only so much sweet someone can handle! Crackerbread are really just a vessel for whatever toppings you want on them - in my case lashings of cheese and marmite. They do the job well and are nice and crunchy (I even don't mind them a bit stale!) and are a low calorie, healthier option for snacking.



Rating 5/10 (alone) 7/10 with loads of marmite.


Heinz Five Beans




I was after the new Tuscan beans, but my Tesco had none and I've been getting a bit bored of plain beans. I am the weirdo who usually eats beans cold (please someone else admit to this too!) but I wasn't sure with these so I heated them up. I ate them on top of a jacket potato and they were lovely. Don't get me wrong with loads of cheese and butter you can't beat baked beans but these were really nice for a change and the different texture consistencies were really nice. I'd definitely buy these again.



Rating 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment