Thursday 5 November 2015

Sainsburys Toffee Apple


Remember, remember the fifth of November!

I had a bad experience a couple of weeks or so ago with a Parrs Milk Chocolate Covered Apple that I bought in Tesco, there was a toffee apple version that I wanted to try in time for Bonfire Night but I decided to go with Sainsbury's own this time round, thanks to the poor quality of the apple previously. 
I couldn't smell much apart from sugar, Mr.1T tried to bite into his first but immediately had to give up due to a few fake teeth and some seriously sticky toffee. 
The toffee coating is deceptively thin and didn't have much of a proper toffee flavour, more of a sugary syrupy taste but despite this I enjoyed it much more than the chocolate apple. The toffee has a much shorter shelf life and it was actually best before the day after I ate this (the chocolate had about 5 days left on it) but it tasted so much fresher;  sweet, juicy apple - the kind that leaves juices dripping everywhere! I think it was probably because of the sharp, almost brittle toffee but it had a much crisper bite. The apple was still a little soft for my liking but nothing like the mushiness from before. 
Much better! 
7/10 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a single toffee apple this year.. Which is a big deal. For me! xx

    ReplyDelete